Follow Us on Twitter

Finally, We Say I Do


 As I spoke my vows I didn’t for a minute feel nervous or question the days events. I was elated and so overwhelmed that I would wake everyday to seeing my best friend in the morning. I think waiting to marry when one’s a little older gives a different appreciation to the union of marriage. I knew at 30 I wanted someone who really loved me and enjoyed the same activities as I do. I wanted to laugh with someone and be able to be sad with someone. To have someone that all emotions can be shared and accepted is invaluable. I have a partner who wants the same future, as I. Our outlook on life is parallel. I was accepted into an already made family with open arms. I still can’t believe how fortunate my situation is.  I felt contrite for my family and friends that they wouldn’t see us say our vows to each other, but at least we can include our family and friends in our lifetime of happiness. We have waited so long to finally be able to get married we couldn’t wait a minute more. I look onward to a lifetime with my husband. -Michelle

Category: 0 comments

0 comments: